Tanio join millions across the world for Earth Hour 2022
Tanio are going to be painting a mural for Earth Hour 2022. The mural is to be made out of our communities promises to care for the future of our planet.
You can send your promises to our community by filling in a form by clicking here.
WWF’s Earth Hour is a global movement, which brings hundreds of millions of people together across the globe to unite and show that they care about the future of our planet, our one shared home. This year Earth Hour will take place on Saturday March 26th 8:30-9:30pm with homes, businesses, and landmarks all over Wales due to take part.
Last year over 2,000 people in Wales took part in Earth Hour and this year WWF Cymru are once again asking people to be part of a movement for our world.
From coastal dunes to peat moorlands, Wales has stunning natural landscapes. Wales is home to many beautiful wild plants like the Snowdon lily and animals like the bottlenose dolphins of Cardigan Bay.
2022 is an important year for change. By joining millions of people around the world and coming together on the night of Earth Hour, communities across Wales show they care about the future of our planet.
How you can get involved in Earth Hour 2022:
- Take an hour to connect – with nature, your community and with people around the world: for example, have a candlelit dinner with friends and family.
- Lights out: Switching off any non-essential lights for one hour on the 26th of March from 20.30-21.30 GMT to help create a symbolic and spectacular display.
- Events: Running events in the community leading up to and on the day of Earth Hour to get people engaged. Join WWF Cymru’s online Facebook event to keep updated: Earth Hour Wales 2022 Awr Ddaear Cymru (facebook.com)
- Promotion: Show support for Earth Hour by sharing what you are up to on your social media channels. Hashtags to use on the night are #EarthHourWales and #AwrDdaear.
- Download the WWF Footprints App: Sign up to an Earth Hour challenge and discover how you can make a difference, one step at a time.